Part of the fun of holiday shopping in New York City is exploring the flea markets and holiday bazaars for just the right gift or tasty something to serve at your holiday feast. Here's 5 of our favorites:
- Redhead Hot Sauce. Redhead started with a hot sauce and then expanded into Bloody Mary mix, cocktail sauce and our personal favorite, the Fig & Chile sauce, which is sweet and spicy and delightful all at the same time. The secret is a proprietary hand-selected spice blend which gives Redhead products a kick, but with depth of flavor. It's about tasting good, not about burning off your taste buds. You can buy online, or at local retailers in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Spread-mmms Olive Tapenade. We were introduced to Spread-mmms over the summer and quickly fell in love. It's made with Moroccan olives, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and some other unknown deliciousness that make it wonderful with a baguette and some cheese. You can worry about workouts in the new year. Available in stores throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan and also online.
- Eat good, do good. Hot Bread Kitchen provides training and job placement assistance to immigrant and low income women in New York City. They also make some damn good bread. You can buy locally in New York City or get fresh bread delivered overnight. There's even a subscription for the carb lover on your shopping list (*raises hand*).
- After you're done with the bread, hot sauce and tapenade, you might want to get in a run. Harlem Run meets up twice a week in (you guessed it) Harlem, led by Alison Désir, Amir Figueroa, and Kayla Lauricella. Along with some miles, you can get their awesome running essentials including shirts, shorts, hoodies and sunglasses.
- Last but not least, we humbly submit Hashbags as another idea. Maybe load up #Delicious with all your wondrous NYC food, or pair #SquadGoals with Harlem Run for those New Year's Resolutions. Head on over to the shop to check it out. Bags ship next business day so there's plenty of time to order before Christmas.